General ServicesDr. Lee and Dr. Pugh perform a wide range of traditional open and laparoscopic procedures at Salem Regional Medical Center, as well as upper and lower endoscopies. Their services and procedures include (but are not limited to):
- Laparoscopic and traditional open colon, small bowel, stomach and biliary surgeries. The vast majority of appendectomies and cholecystectomies are performed laparoscopically, and our physicians prefer to offer patients the laparoscopic approach to gastrointestinal surgery whenever possible. Click here to learn more about the benefits of laparoscopic surgery.
- Breast surgery, including open and percutaneous biopsies, lumpectomies, mastectomies and sentinel lymph node biopsies, as well as breast cancer gene (BRCA) testing
- All hernias, including pediatric hernias. Many of our inguinal and incisional hernia repairs are done laparoscopically.
- Treatment for rectal and anal disorders, including various medical and surgical options for hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- EGD and colonoscopy for screening and interventional therapies
- Inpatient consultation at Salem Regional Medical Center for vascular access, feeding tubes and tracheostomies
- Drainage of abscesses and skin excisions/biopsies
- Wound care and hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy at the Wound Healing Center at Salem Regional Medical Center