Dr. Clark, Dr. Lee and Dr. Pugh perform a wide range of traditional open and laparoscopic procedures at Salem Regional Medical Center, as well as upper endoscopies and colonoscopies. Their services and procedures include (but are not limited to):
- Laparoscopic and traditional open colon, small bowel, stomach and biliary surgeries. The vast majority of appendectomies and cholecystectomies are performed laparoscopically, and our physicians prefer to offer patients the laparoscopic approach to gastrointestinal surgery whenever possible. Click here to learn more about the benefits of laparoscopic surgery.
- Breast surgery, including open and percutaneous biopsies, lumpectomies, mastectomies and sentinel lymph node biopsies, as well as breast cancer gene (BRCA) testing
- All hernias, including pediatric hernias. Many of our inguinal and incisional hernia repairs are done laparoscopically.
- Treatment for rectal and anal disorders, including various medical and surgical options for hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- EGD and colonoscopy for screening and interventional therapies
- Inpatient consultation at Salem Regional Medical Center for vascular access, feeding tubes and tracheostomies
- Drainage of abscesses and skin excisions/biopsies
- Wound care and hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy at the Wound Healing Center at Salem Regional Medical Center
Our physicians provide upper endoscopy and colonoscopy services to examine and diagnose conditions in the digestive tract.
- An upper endoscopy is performed using a special endoscope or tube inserted through the mouth to visualize the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestine.
- A colonoscopy is performed using an endoscope inserted through the rectum to visualize the large intestine.
Telehealth (Virtual) Visits
Patients of SCH Professional Corporation practices can now see our providers online in the privacy of their own home by using the FollowMyHealth® Patient Portal. This telehealth service allows our patients to have a secure and easy way to receive care from their healthcare team in a live, virtual visit using a smartphone (iPhone or Android), tablet or computer. Telehealth visits are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Click here for more information.